See my favorite seasonal finds in my Amazon shop!

On a Serious Note.

I don’t use this blog ever for things like this, but this hits very close to home for me. Our neighbor, a seven year old boy named Xander, just recently had surgery to have a brain tumor removed. It is an aggressive cancer that needs immediate treatment. Guys, HE’S SEVEN. Taken from their GoFundMe page:

xander_2On February 12, Denise and Brian found out that their son, Xander (age 7), had a brain tumor. The next morning 98% of it was successfully removed, leaving 2% embedded in his brain stem. He has 2 drop metastases in his spine and his spinal fluid tested positive for cancerous cells. His cancer is considered high risk and aggressive.

He recovered from surgery well, but very recently found out that the cancer is spreading to brain and spine. Radiation will start next week.

Their medical bills, just in the surgery alone, will be extremely large and radiation treatment will only add onto the pile of bills.

This is a wonderful family. Xander is a strong boy. Sometimes, I just don’t understand life.

Anyway, if you have any amount, no matter how small, that you could donate to this family to help them cover the cost of surgery and his ongoing treatments, you can do so here at their page: Xander’s Brain Cancer Fundraiser.

Even if you’re not able to donate, please send any light and love their way, hug your family, and say an extra prayer to whomever or whatever you pray to when you go to bed at night for Xander.



Alessandra Macaluso is the author of What a Good Eater! , Lucy the Bee and the Healing Honey, and The Real-Deal Bridal Bible. She’s also a Qigong and Tai Chi instructor, and overall wellness advocate. Her work has been featured in several anthologies which can all be found on her Amazon author page, and she has contributed to The Huffington Post, Scary Mommy, TODAY Parents, and many other online publications.

Alessandra is a northerner-turned-southerner, enjoying the south with her children, Penelope and Ciro, and her husband, Greg.

0 0 votes
Recipe Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x